Send voicemails to groups or multiple extensions instead to just one staff member
This can be done by entering a 1 to 4 digit distribution number which is linked with the voicemail boxes of all members of a particular voice mail group.
With this feature, you have the authority to decide on the number of voicemail groups to create and can include and exclude particular co-worker’s phone numbers from being able to access this feature.
Benefits of Group Voicemail feature?
- With Group Voicemail feature you can deliver voicemails to a group of extensions in the Ring Group or call Queue.
- All the voicemails will be sent through email (including attachment) to every user listed in the group who are selected only if the extension has an email address configured within its settings.
- This feature allows you to combine some of your extensions so that they are notified together when voicemail is sent.
- This feature is extremely useful if your company has several departments or if some of your employees work from home or from other places.
- If an administrator has enabled you to use the group voicemail feature then you can send broadcast voicemails and forward voicemails to the desired group.
- This feature also allows every group to have access to its own voicemail box. Such as, you can allow your sales team to have access to a single voicemail box.
Frequently asked questions
By default setting the entire group voicemails are stored in the Admin’s account.
Email Alerts: If you are traveling, but need to know when you have received group voicemail, you can have VoIPBusiness send you an email to let you know. You can select the ‘Email All’ option for a group to automatically email all users of that group whenever a voicemail is left. You can also customize the list of email recipients.
SMS Alerts: You can also upload a custom voicemail greeting.
Custom Voicemail Greetings: You can also upload a custom voicemail greeting.
If you want to listen to your voicemails, you can log into the VoIPBusiness Control Panel.