Easily implement your call routing strategies in our VoIP system
Call routing is a feature that allows a set of predetermined rules to effectively make calls flow in the organisation. Our hosted PBX allows Call Routing to work on many different levels. It is also known as automatic or semi-automatic call distributor.
Call Routing is a tool which can route the incoming calls to specific users to queues on the basis of a pre-established criterion or criteria, for example, the time of the day.
A VoIP based routing system allows you to quickly modify the routing rules, and enables routing rules to be modified without the need for IT assistance.
Call Routing Scenarios in PBX
1. Time-Based Routing
With time based call routing the incoming calls are routed to the agents based on the time of the day. It is beneficial for the businesses that aim to provide 24 hours a day service. For instance, businesses that have companies all over the country, may route a call to the office in west coast during the hours in which east coast office if not available. In case both coasts offices are closed, then the calls will be routed to a 24 hour call center.
2. Skills-Based Routing
There are businesses that want to use the routing method through which the call is routed to the most qualified and experienced agent available. There are multiple factors which can help decide which agent is most qualified such as, product knowledge. This type of routing helps in making the business selling more efficient. It can help a company route calls to the person who is a specialist. For example, if a person had clicked on your Google ad for a product and is calling regarding that product then the call will be routed to the agent who is a specialist for that specific product.
Benefits of the Call Routing feature?
- The feature helps you optimise the cost of human resources by using every worker/agent/user as resourcefully as possible.
- This feature can help you make sure that every incoming call is routed to the agent who is available rather than it going to voicemail.
- You can also eliminate losses of profits that can occur from lost calls. It can also help you maximise the conversion rates by making sure that the inbound caller has an overall better experience.
- With call routing you can make sure that all your clients get to speak to live agents throughout the working hours
- You can eliminate the need for a receptionist to direct your calls to the department or to agents.
Frequently asked questions
There are several reasons which can cause a call routing such as the time of the day, customer’s preference of language or department, the call volume etc.
All the incoming calls are particularly routed to available agents or to an agent who has enabled the forwarding feature. However, first the available agents are picked then the agents with call forwarding enabled.
Yes, you can customise according to your preference from your online profile. You can create detailed instructions regarding call such as which callers can reach you at anytime. You can also select what kind of calls should be sent straight to voicemail.