DID (Direct Inward Dialling) is a feature provided by VoIPBusiness
DID (Direct Inward Dialling) is a feature provided by VoIPBusiness. This feature allows your business to assign a personal number to every member of the staff, without having to install a separate phone line. With DID the telephony traffic is split up and is more easily manageable.
When you signup with VoIPBusiness you are given a number which is called a DID number. The given number given to you connects you to the PSTN (public switched telephone network) networks around the world.
Furthermore, customers tend to feel that they receive a better customer experience when they are able to speak to the individual directly. This adds a personal touch when the customers call the employees rather than the company.
Direct Inward Dialling Scenario in PBX
A business “XYZ” is established in the UK, and its all customer base is in the UK, however the company has its customer service workforce in India. Therefore, they cannot expect the consumers to call internationally from UK to India for Customer services. If, the company “XYZ” buys a DID virtual number from a VoIPBusiness, which gives UK local numbers. Then VoIPBusiness maps every incoming call to the UK local number to the Indian Call Center through VoIP.
Benefits of our DDI feature?
- Along with many benefits, you can track your marketing efforts with DID number. You can assign DID numbers to your different marketing efforts which will allow you to measure the calls that resulted for certain campaigns.
- You can certainly enhance you customer service quality and make call experience much better. With DID number when an individual calls their call is directed to an employee or a department. This helps in giving customers better service. Not every caller requires a direct line to a specialised server but if someone does then they will appreciate the ease with which they can get in contact.
- DID number can help you attract Local Customers by getting DID number for your company for the locality. With a local number customers actually feel that their company is a local. It is a fact that customers choose a local number over a toll free number.
- DID number give you the opportunity to save cost. If your company has several locations then you will be able to save quite some cost by investing in a single VoIPBusiness phone system and installing it in your main location. By using the IP technology along with DID numbers you can install IP phone at your company’s remote locations. Then you can have DID numbers local to each location which is assigned to you at your main location. This simple procedure reduces the price and maintenance of a PBX at every location and the monthly bills that come along with it.
- You can make your whole working system a lot more efficient with DID number. Nowadays, callers want to talk to the intended recipient as soon as possible. Most of the callers do not like to be put on hold. Most customers have difficulty in remembering the extension of the recipient with whom they want to speak. When you assign DID number to each employee then it gives your calls a fast and direct access to every employee. This way your hold timing can be shortened, there will reduced caller frustration and the telephony traffic will be a lot more efficiently manageable.
Frequently asked questions
Every business owner knows about telephone numbers. Telephone numbers are 10 digit numbers which are assigned to the customers, vendors and others to contact your company. With the growing services like SIP trunking and VoIP, DDI is now used as a synonym to telephone numbers although there is difference.
A direct inward dial number doesn’t need a physical telephone line. DID numbers are directed towards “call paths”. Similar to physical copper lines, call paths establishes the number of concurrent calls. With VoIP there is no copper wire to be dealt with. DID is known for being flexible. DDI numbers can be used as main company numbers, which will ring directly to an extension or virtual numbers which are controlled to execute a lot of functions. With VoIPBusiness, there are no charges for long distance calls. Your DDI number exists virtually independent of a physical line and you can make it ring wherever you want.
With DID numbers your employees’ labour expenses reduce. DDI numbers minimise the receptionist duties. If you assign the DID numbers to each individual then every caller can directly reach the party they want to talk to by simply dialling the DID of that employee. Instead of answering each incoming call the employee can be reached whenever required by the caller. This gives receptionist the ability to perform other duties throughout the day.
A conventional telephone number is directly connected to a copper telephone line. Every line has a number and is used for making and receiving calls. As a business one needs multiple lines for concurrent calls. In this way when a call comes on the main number it is received, if another call comes at the same number then it will go to the next line which is available.
If you get DID numbers then your company has the ability to appear as a part of the local community regardless of your company’s physical location. Most customers give preference to local vendors because it provides more comfort, easier access, fast service and more accountability. Therefore, when you use DID numbers your company number will not be restricted to your location.
Bandwidth is supplied to DDI numbers as part of VoIPBusiness inbound voice services.
Sign up for a free Personal Demo
A sales advisor will contact you for a personalised, informative demo on the key features and benefits of a cloud phone system.