SIP Trunking Service by VoIP Business
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a technology which empowers VoIP. It is a process through which the technology is applied to VoIP systems. SIP trucks replace the conventional telephone trunks to establish a more enhanced communication for both IP networks and legacy systems.
SIP trunking is a cost effective solution for all types of businesses. It makes it easier for you to scale your operation paint free.
Benefits of the SIP Trunking feature?
- Less line and DID rental: with SIP trunking the cost for installed lines and DID is reduced significantly.
- Low call charges: call charges are reduced significantly with the SIP trunking.
- Enhanced customer services: with SIP trunking you can give an enhanced customer service to your customers by adding more geographical and international numbers.
- You can easily add numbers to your SIP trunk and end remove them from your IP PBX. You can also provide your customers with additional options to dial at lower rates. Your customers will be able to contact you very easily and your sales will increase.
- If you want to move your office location but want to keep the same number then it is possible with SIP trunking because SIP trunks are not bond to a location. Therefore you can easily move your office location without having to inform the customers.
- SIP trunking is very flexible. It allows you to easily add channels to your SIP trunk to handle the increased number of calls. You will not need to worry about installing additional lines and upgrading the PBX.
- You can now select the correct number of channels with SIP trunking. With usual ISDN/T1 you get to add either 15 or 30 lines which means you have to get more capacity which can be pretty expensive.
- With SIP trunks you can upgrade the functionality of your legacy phone without having to replace the entire system.
- SIP trunking ensures better productivity and continuity.
Frequently asked questions
Primary Rate Interface (PRI) and SIP trunking are two different methods of getting your business connected to the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). SIP trunks are virtual connections that are capable of handling both voice and data transmissions. There is little to no need for hardware with SIP trunking. On the other hand, Traditional PRI systems are physical connections which require a dedicated line. It can only handle voice transmission and also has a complicated setup, maintenance and additional investment for hardware.
A trunk is a sole transmission channel between two points, in telecommunication. A SIP trunk is a virtual trunk that enhances communications for both IP network and legacy systems.
No. VoIPBusiness online portal makes it easy to connect your SIP activated PBX so you can deploy SIP trunking at any time.
SIP and VoIP work together to make a strong cloud-hosted communication solution. SIP and VoIP both require protocols which are rules and parameters which activate digital devices, phones and computers for communication. VoIP is the basis for calling over an internet phone. Adding SIP allows the transmission of voice, data and video.
SIP channels are linked to telephone lines where each line or channel can support a call.
Sign up for a free Personal Demo
A sales advisor will contact you for a personalised, informative demo on the key features and benefits of a cloud phone system.