Reduce Your Phone Costs
With no need to maintain a physical phone line and the cheaper cost of VoIP calls you’ll see the savings month on month.
Let your setup grow as you do. With SIP it’s easy to increase the amount of Trunks as your business expands and lower rates apply for multiple SIP Trunks.
Packed with Features
Enjoy great features, such as advanced call routing options, free calls between sites and call centre functionality.
Never Miss a Call
You never need to worry about missing calls while you’re out and about because with SIP Trunks you can programme your server to forward calls to a mobile phone, alternate extension or another trunk group.
Ditch your expensive phone lines
SIP trunking enables your business to be more robust, flexible and ultimately more cost-effective alternative with regards to all your voice and video communication needs. We’ve been delivering SIP trunks since 2004 and you’ll have an amazing telephony and video call experiences, similar to our current clients that we serve, 24/7, and yes all year round.
Adding value to your business communications
- Way cheaper than any traditional phone line rental.
- SIP calls between all your sites/locations.
- Scalable solution to cater for flexible growth, no stress even if your business grows super-fast.
- Existing numbers stay as they are. No need to port them over.
- New numbers can be easily allocated with minimum DDI charges.
- To be honest, it the fastest set up you’ll ever see with regards to voice and video.
- Option to re-route options for disaster management purposes.
How Does SIP Trunking Work?
SIP trunking works with VoIP phone systems (Voice Over Internet Protocol) and is based on SIP (Session Initiation Protocol).
The minimum amount of sip channels we do is 4, then it is £5 per additional channel. You also can add bundle / multiple phone numbers and also call bundles to your Sip trunk.
SIP, which is the basis of SIP trunking, is the standard communications protocol for voice and video.
SIP Trunking eliminates the physical connection to a phone company.
A SIP “trunk” is installed virtually over your business’s existing internet connection.
Reducing multiple phone lines into a single point of entry drastically reduces charges for incoming lines.
Sip Trunking Work Flow
SIP Trunking Features
- SIP trunks are virtual so don’t require any additional hardware, making it more cost-effective
- This also means employees can work from anywhere in the world and still have a local telephone number
- And if you want to keep a local number when moving, SIP won’t cost you anything extra in call forwarding
- In case of emergency and employees not being able to make it into the office, you can set up SIP trunks to be rerouted to other locations
- SIP offers increased phone service reliability
- It can deliver multiple voice lines to a single organisation
- As your business grows, it’s easy for you to simply add more SIP trunks via a SIP provider instead of installing a new telephone line
Why choose SIP trunking from VB?
Scalability on demand
No matter the demand within your business you can quickly scale up your service.
Your voice, video and data all take place on the same network.
All our networks are managed and maintained by experienced specialists.
Ensure business continuity
SIP trunking operates over our highly reliable connectivity services.
The VB network
Benefit from a resilient 100Mbps internet connection and flexible.
VB Service and support
We’ll give you award-winning customer service and 24/7/365 support.
Telephony systems using VoIP ( Voice over Internet Protocol) provide real benefits in terms of cost and flexibility, but like all network infrastructure they can be vulnerable to hacking. VB is a member of the ‘Internet Telephony Service Providers’ Association (ITSPA) and we recommend that customers follow ITSPA’s guidelines for the safe and secure operation of VoIP services.
Frequently asked questions
Primary Rate Interface (PRI) and SIP trunking are two different methods of getting your business connected to the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). SIP trunks are virtual connections that are capable of handling both voice and data transmissions. There is little to no need for hardware with SIP trunking. On the other hand, Traditional PRI systems are physical connections which require a dedicated line. It can only handle voice transmission and also has a complicated setup, maintenance and additional investment for hardware.
A trunk is a sole transmission channel between two points, in telecommunication. A SIP trunk is a virtual trunk that enhances communications for both IP network and legacy systems.
No. VoIPBusiness online portal makes it easy to connect your SIP activated PBX so you can deploy SIP trunking at any time.
SIP and VoIP work together to make a strong cloud-hosted communication solution. SIP and VoIP both require protocols which are rules and parameters which activate digital devices, phones and computers for communication. VoIP is the basis for calling over an internet phone. Adding SIP allows the transmission of voice, data and video.
SIP channels are linked to telephone lines where each line or channel can support a call.